Dr. David Wennberg
- Doctoral degree, Railway Technology, Royal Institute of Technology, 2013.
- Licentiate of Technology in Railway Technology with focus on a light-weight carbody for high-speed trains, Royal Institute of Technology, 2011.
- Master of Science, Engineering Physics, Lund University, Faculty of Engineering, LTH, 2008.
PhD project: A Light-Weight Carbody for High-Speed Trains , a project under the centre for ECO² Vehicle Design. The goal of the project is to lower the overall weight and manufacturing cost of the car body for a high-speed train by utilizing modern sandwich technique. Focus is on the mechanical behavior of such a design whilst keeping in mind other important boundary conditions.
- Wennberg D, Wennhage P and Stichel S: Selection of Sandwich Panels for the Load Carrying Structure of High-Speed Rail Vehicles, 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS16), Porto, Portugal, 28-30 June, 2011.
- Wennberg D, Wennhage P and Stichel S: Orthotropic models of corrugated sheets in Finite Element analysis. ISRN Mechanical Engineering, Volume 2011, Article ID 979532, 2011.
- Wennberg D: Light-weighting Methodology in Rail Vehicle Design through Introduction of Load Carrying Sandwich Panels, Licentiate Thesis, TRITA AVE 2011:36, ISBN 978-91-7501-002-1, Stockholm, Sweden, 2011. Download thesis from DiVA.
- Wennberg D, Stichel S and Wennhage P: Cutting the Weight of High-Speed Trains, Railway Gazette International, pp. 30-32, January 2011.
- Wennberg D, Stichel S and Wennhage P: Modeling Corrugated Sheet with Orthotropic Properties and the Effect of Stiffened Panels on a Rail Vehicle’s Natural Frequencies and Modes, 16th Nordic Seminar on Railway Technology, Nynäshamn, Sweden, 14-15 September 2010.
- Wennberg D: A Light Weight Car Body for High-Speed Trains – Literature Study (pdf 1.5 MB) , TRITA AVE 2010:16, ISBN 978-91-7415-591-4, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, 2010.
- Wennberg D: Modellering och Simulering av Riskområden (pdf 1.2 MB) , Master of Science Thesis, Division of Mechanics, Lund University, ISRN LUTFD2/TFME-08/5010-SE(1-124), Lund, Sweden, 2008.