Adjunct Professor Ragnar Glav, Dr. Tech.
Department of Aeronautical and Vehicle Engineering
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Scania CV AB
SE-151 87 Södertälje, Sweden
+46-8-553 53 419
+46-8-553 85 604
Dr.Tech, Technical Acoustics, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, 1995.
Civ.Ing, Technical Physics, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, 1985.
Head of Acoustics, Truck Chassi Development, Scania CV AB, Södertälje, Sweden, since 2008.
Head of Noise Certification, Truck Chassi Development, Scania CV AB, Södertälje, Sweden,
Senior Consultant in Acoustics, Acoustic Control/Týrens AB, Täby, Sweden, 2008.
Technical Manager in Acoustics, Truck Chassi Development, Scania CV AB, Södertälje, Sweden, 1999-2008.
Computational Engineer in Acoustics, Department of technical computing, Saab Automotive AB, Trollhättan, Sweden, 1986-1992.
Lecturer/Responsible for "Cross Functional Vehicle Competence", Scania RD, since 2010.
Lecturer/Responsible for "Theoretical Acoustics" (doctoral student course), ML901, KTH, 1997-1999.
Lecturer/Responsible for "Flow duct acoustics", 4B1135 and 4B1136, KTH, 1991-1999.
Lecturer in "Fundamentals of noise and vibration control", 4B1111 and 4B1112, KTH, 1995-1998.
- Flow duct acoustics
- Computational acoustics
- Glav, R., Bodén, H. and Åbom, M. (1988). An acoustic model for automobile catalytic converters. Proceedings Inter Noise 88 (Invited paper), 1261-1266.
- Glav, R. (1990). Computer simulation of sound propagation in ducts. Proceedings Inter-Noise 90, 553 536.
- Glav, R. (1992). Computer simulation of sound propagation in inlet and exhaust systems. Proceedings ISATA 92, 161-167.
- Glav, R. (1995). Efficient methods to analyse dissipative silencers of arbitrary cross-section. Proceedings Euro Noise 95, 803-808.
- Glav, R. (1996). The point matching method on dissipative silencers of arbitrary cross-section. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 189(1), 123-135.
- Glav, R. (1996). The nullfield approach to dissipative silencers of arbitrary cross-section. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 189(4), 489-509.
- Åbom, M., Glav, R. and Ljungqvist, J. (1997). Measurements of turbulent generated noise in ducts. Proceedings Inter Noise 97, 387 390.
- Glav, R., Åbom, M. and Nygård, S. (1997). Analysis of multi-branch flow-ducts. Proceedings Inter Noise 97, 359 362.
- Glav, R. and Åbom, M. (1997). A general formalism for analysing acoustic 2-port networks. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 202(5), 739-747.
- Bodén, H., Béraud, G. and Glav, R. (1998). Determination of the acoustic transmission properties of IC-engine air inlet system components. Proceedings EAA Symposium on Transport Noise and Vibration 98.
- Glav, R. and Åbom, M. (1998). Application of the 2-port method to commercial IC-engine exhausts. Proceedings, EAA Symposium on Transport Noise and Vibration 98.
- Glav, R. (1998). Measurements of the flow generated noise in an automobile exhaust system. Proceedings NAM 98.
- Glav, R. and Thörnqvist, U. (1998). A new type of compact side-branch resonator. Proceedings Inter Noise 98.
- Bodén, H., Glav, R. and ter Riet, R. (1999). Measurements of sound transmission through a 90° bend with flow. Proceedings 6th International Congress on Sound and Vibration.
- Glav, R. and Jönsson, O. (2000). A semi-analytical approach to design a low-frequency absorber. Proceedings Inter-Noise 2000.
- Glav, R. (2000) The transfer matrix for a dissipative silencer of arbitrary cross-section. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 236(4), 575-594.
- Glav, R., Costa, A. and Åbom, M. (2003). Application of the folded resonator. Proceedings 10th International Congress on Sound and Vibration.
- Glav, R., Regaud, P.-L. and Åbom, M. (2004). Study of a folded resonator including the effects of higher order modes. Journal of Sound and Vibration 273, 777-792.
- Fairbrother, R., Bodén, H. and Glav, R. (2005). Linear acoustic exhaust system simulation using source data from non-linear simulation. SAE Technical paper 2005-01-2358.
- Karlsson M., Glav R. and Åbom M. (2007). The attenuation conditions and their sensitivity to mean flow. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 124(2), 723-732.
- Glav R. and Karlsson M. (2007). The flow reversal resonator. SAE Technical Paper 20001-1-2203.
- Karlsson M., Åbom M. and Glav R. (2011) Aeroacoustics of duct branches with application to silencers. SAE Technical Paper 2011-24-0218.
Färm A., Boij S. and Glav R. (2012) On sound absorbing charactersitics and suitable measurement methods. SAE International 2012-01-1534.